A 33-year-old man died of his injuries on Sunday, ten days after his scooter collided with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) driven by a minor in Mumbai. The police officer said that the condition of his wife Meenal Patel, who was traveling with the deceased Dhurmil Patel at the time of the accident, is critical.

On February 5, a car allegedly driven by a minor hit a scooter near Somaiya College in Vidyavihar area at a high speed, leaving a couple seriously injured. It is being told that the SUV belonged to the boy’s father Valji Raja Bhushan. The officer said that after Dhurmil’s death, the FIR lodged earlier will be changed under relevant sections of the Indian Justice Code. A case has been registered at Tilak Nagar police station against the minor and his father, who are accused of allowing the minor to drive the vehicle. The official said the incident site has been inspected and CCTV footage of the area has been examined to ascertain the speed of the car and the cause of the accident. He further said that further investigation is underway.

ATS raids 20 locations in Maharashtra

Maharashtra ATS raided more than 20 places in Yavatmal and Ahilyanagar districts on information about terrorism related activities. During this period many suspects have been detained. Senior police officer said that after getting concrete information about radicalization of youth, ATS started action at midnight on Saturday. Action was taken at 14 locations in Pusad and Umarkhed of Yavatmal district. The ATS team has seized several mobile phones, electronic devices, CCTV footage and incriminating documents in the raid. Similarly, police raided seven places in Ahilyanagar district and recovered objectionable material from the suspects. The detained people are being interrogated.

Nashik Police claims: Complaint of robbery, kidnapping and beating worth ₹400 crore from truck is false

Nashik Rural Police on Monday said the complaint by a truck driver that he was robbed of ₹400 crore in cash, kidnapped and beaten up was completely false. After a detailed investigation of the case, the police said that no such incident had happened. Ghoti police official said that truck driver Sandeep Patil had lodged a complaint on October 22 last year that seven people stopped him, kidnapped him and beat him up in Chorla Ghat area of ​​Belgaum district. The accused held him guilty of looting a truck which contained now-banned ₹2000 notes. Patil had also claimed that hawala money was being transported from Karnataka to Maharashtra in the truck and had uploaded a video of his ordeal on social media. Police arrested seven people in the initial investigation. However, the investigation revealed several inconsistencies in Patil’s story, such as the route of the truck, call records and timing. Based on these irregularities, the allegations were proven false. Igatpuri Court has granted bail to all the seven arrested persons. Currently, Nashik Rural Police is considering further action against the false complaint lodged by the truck driver.