
Kolkata Bengali film actress and former Trinamool Congress MP Mimi Chakraborty has been sent a legal notice for defamation by event organizer Tanay Shastri. This controversy is related to the case in which Shastri was earlier accused of harassment. Tanay Shastri said on Thursday that he has sent a notice to Mimi Chakraborty asking her to pay a compensation of Rs 20 lakh or face legal action. There has been no official response from Mimi Chakraborty on this yet.
What did the event organizer claim?
While talking to the media, Shastri said that Mimi Chakraborty was paid Rs 2 lakh 65 thousand for participating in the program. She alleges that the actress did not reach the program on time, hence she was asked to return the amount. He also said that by registering a case against him without any reason, his image was tarnished and he even had to go to judicial custody. Shastri said that if the actress does not apologize or pay Rs 20 lakh, a defamation case will be filed in the court in the next two-three days. What about the allegations?
Said Mimi Chakraborty? This entire controversy is related to a cultural program organized last month in Bongaon, which is located in North 24 Parganas district. Mimi Chakraborty was to give the last performance in that program. Mimi Chakraborty alleges that Tanay Shastri removed her from the stage and behaved inappropriately with her due to not being allowed to continue the program after 12 midnight. After this he lodged a complaint with the police. Tanay Shastri, on the other hand, hit back saying that the actress did not arrive on time and had only politely requested to leave the stage and was not subjected to any kind of harassment.
Tanay Shastri was sent to judicial custody
When the police reached Shastri’s house during the investigation, he allegedly obstructed the investigation. Subsequently he and his two associates were arrested on charges of harassment and obstructing police work. After the case was registered under non-bailable sections, he remained in judicial custody for more than a week and got bail on February 11. Now with the defamation notice, a new legal battle is expected to start between the two parties.
